Following on from the last post here are our top ten plants for a child’s garden.
1. Lamb’s Ears - This perennial with its fuzzy leaves is a favorite in any child’s garden. Children love to feel the soft silvery leaves.
2. Buddleia - Butterfly bushes make wonderful small trees in a child’s garden and most children are fascinated by the winged creatures covering the plants.
3. Sunflowers - These cheery, yellow annuals are fun and easy to grow.
4. Snapdragons - They can pick the flowers and make them talk.
5. Mint - Children enjoy the smell of different mints and rub the leaves between their fingers to release the scent.
6. Thyme - Use this plant between stepping stones. It is tough enough to handle the occasional mis-step.
7. Curry Plant - The warm spicy aroma smells just like curry.
8. Carrots - Children like the fluffy tops and enjoy the surprise of finding veggies growing underground.
9. Lavender - The foliage of these plants is a lovely gray green, but the best part for kids is picking the flowering wands.
10. Grass - Its smell great and cushions them when they fall over!
Have a great time in the garden and don't forget to take a look at our 'Mr McGegors Grow Your Own Gardening Kits'. These are a great way to introduce your little ones to the joys of gardening!