Monday 11 July 2011

Thinking Outside The Box

One thing that we believe in here at Homes & Dreams is giving new life to items destined to be thrown away.

Many of the vintage items that we sell have been recycled (or upcycled!) to make unique and quirky home accessories so it follows that I use the same principles in my own home.

Take my love of growing things! In my utility room I keep a few plants that won't be happy outside....



My Chili Peppers are planted in an old cattle food box.


My Basil grows quite happily in an old butter tub.

And my next project is to plant up this old enameled bread bin.


You might not want to keep your bread in it now but it would look great planted up with lavender or a few herbs and kept by the kitchen door.

Sometimes with vintage items you just have to think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, we love to hear what you have to say.